General ASP.NET

Announcement: This forum has been replaced by Visual Studio Developer Community to provide you one convenient and responsive system for all feedback. You can now suggest new ideas, browse and vote on existing ideas in the Visual Studio Developer Community.

We’d like your suggestions and ideas to help us continuously improve future releases of ASP.NET, so we’ve partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect your feedback. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This site is for feature suggestions; if you need to file a bug, you can visit our Developer Community website to get started.

Note: your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy and license terms.

We look forward to hearing from you!
- The ASP.NET Team

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ability to see pop up preview of parent container name in long less nesting code like Webstorm

when you have a long nested rules in .less files it is pain currently to know what is the current css rule when you click on ending bracket.

in web storm when you put the mouse on the end bracket of any rule and its starting bracket is out of screen, webstorm will show you a pop preview of the name of that rule.

here is an image preview
    http://postimg.org/image/4vrf13e01/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Refactoring for local URLs in hyperlinks

VS seems to be the only web site IDE that doesn't refactor HREF links to local pages, when those pages are moved or renamed. I understand this might only be possible for non-server rendered controls or static HTML pages, but why completely ignore the other scenarios? I create thousands of pages of documentation in static HTML for compiled HTML help (CHM files) and am forced to use Dreamweaver.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Angular 2 - Update to rc5, and include the @angular/forms (0.3.0)

update the aspnetcore-spa for angular 2 to include latest angular rc. Also include new forms. May also need some refactoring to move some of the provider work to modules.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Download asp.net downloads Azure SDK and bits - What the heck!

Download asp.net downloads Azure SDK and bits - What the heck!
    The web installer than doesn't have any ability to select subset of items, in my case just asp.net code. Very poor experience.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. IDE Visual Studio 2015: Organize the project with mvc areas should be easy.

Because VS2015 doesn't show the option "add areas" when I try to customize Tools context menu / add commands.
    I've been looking for a method to show it but I have not found

Is there a procedure ?

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide WWM Desktop (Windows,Web,Mobile) and Development Tools.

Windows Explorer
    Design windows desktop with browser capability and run/execute any desktop, web and mobile applications.
    By default display windows explorer with home tab (Where user can see shortcut)
    From windows explorer user can open any web site/application or mobile app.
    Display taskbar in the bottom of the windows explorer
    Provide 'Run As' button with addressbar in Windows explorer.
    Rightnow we can open DOS command from windows explorer, it is good but not complete features.
    Provide other options in popup window if we have typed/selected any filename.
    Provide facility to execute any file from explorer
    Provide supports for Windows, Unix,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Run t4 files on "Build time" natively.

In Visual Studio Run t4 files on "Build time" as an option in the file Properties (F4), without using any dependencies. I know that "Tangible T4 Editor" do this with the Pro version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →

General ASP.NET

Feedback and Knowledge Base