I suggest you ...

Don't leave IE script debugging enabled after debugging an ASP.NET site

It seems that when debugging an ASP.NET site in IE, Visual Studio automatically turns on IE's script debugging setting.
I assume that this is needed in order for Visual Studio to hook into the JavaScript engine and allow debugging JavaScript in VS.

However, when I am done testing my site, I will be out browsing the web and get constantly interrupted with dialog boxes telling me about errors occurring in the pages I am visiting - pages where these error messages have no meaning to me whatsoever.
Getting rid of these boxes essentially requires two clicks - one to check the "Don't keep telling me about this kind of error", and another to click the Cancel button.
But doing that isn't enough, since it seems that different error types are categorized separately, and they need to be turned off one by one.

Then as soon as I do some more ASP.NET debugging, everything gets switched back on and the onslaught of error dialogs starts all over again.

This is a terrible user experience. This issue has been raised on Stack Overflow, where the accepted answer was to "Use IE for debugging purposes only and Firefox for everything else".
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/140899/ie-script-debugging-pop-up

I use IE as my primary browser, but this is really annoying. Anything that can be done to mitigate this will be most appreciated.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jimmy Rishe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base