I suggest you ...

[Bug] Rewrite all controls which depend on javascript "Date" class (like RangeValidator)

I've tried to submit a bug, but got a "You are not authorized to submit the feedback for this connection.". Great! I'm not allowed to submit a bug?.. so here it goes a "suggeston" - RangeValidator automatically creates a javascript function called "function ValidatorConvert(op, dataType, val)", which uses the Date class. At the end of this functions, it checks whether de generated date equals the input date, and when it does not, it returns null. But the behavior of the Date class is not the same across browsers (e.g. its different in ie9 and ie11) when dealing with Daylight saving time (DST)/Summertime - When you create a Date diving just the day part, it creates that day at 00:00;00 time. But in exactly the day when DST starts having effect, the 00:00:00 time does not exist. Then some browsers create a date with the previsous day at 23:00:00 and other at the correct date at 01:00:00. When the previous happens, it breaks the function since the produced date will differ by one day. To make the test, open the console and execute "new Date(yyyy/mm/dd);" for a date when DST started (in Brazil it started 19/10/2014, so you must input 19/09/2014 because of the indexation) and you will see the result is different in ie9 and ie11. It turns that the validation won't work for that day. Maybe it occurs in other controls, I didn't check. So please fix it.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gabriel Almeida shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base