I suggest you ...

Multiple web.config Transforms

The ability to specify multiple web.config Transforms; all of them applies and final web.config gets created out of them. And then couple of item templates to add specific transform...e-g

web.config
release-ajax-transform
release-dynamic-data-transform
debug-ajax-transform
debug-dynamic-data-transform

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can apply multiple web.config transforms sequentially by manually specifying them in your MSBuild (.csproj) file. It is also possible to apply multiple transforms in your Web Deploy .pubxml files (these are MSBuild files too), however it is more difficult as the paths are different at deploy-time.

• Simon Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

web config transforms should be easier to implement, Child configs should just overwrite parent settings without wrestling with xslt transfomations

• Sayed Ibrahim HashimiSayed Ibrahim Hashimi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Khurram, you should be able to do this today but it would require some tweaking. If you have any questions regarding how to do it please email me at sayedha [AT] {Microsoft}[DOTcom].

Feedback and Knowledge Base