I suggest you ...

allow msbuild command to publish with FTP profiles

Currently it is no supported. Please support FTP publish with MSBuild command.

219 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Luke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi responded  · 

Thanks for the suggestion. Let’s see how much interest there is for this support.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karen Hulse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please support FTP publish from command line. Having ability to build and FTP publish within build definition would be very helpful. We use File System and that works so well. Thank you.

• David Simmon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this has been requested since 2013.

I find it weird that Visual Studio supports the FTP publish profile, but using an automated deployment through msbuild does not. Is this still on anyone's radar, or are 150ish votes not enough to push it to a release cycel?

• Roman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example we've got a big project and the only time to build and publish it is night. We use ftp publish in Visual Studio, but we want run building and publishing from command line in automatic mode. So, we need this option. Thank you for an advance!

• Roman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good day! please make support for ftp deploy from command line. That would be very useful option because sometimes it's only case to publish via ftp (safety reasons, safety politics in company and etc).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WebDeploy is buggy and doesn't install on any of our servers. FTP is tried and true and works every time.

• Joe Dockrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Sayed! You are the only one who seems to get it! My company considers WebDeploy a vulnerability and will only allow FTPs. I almost got it working through TFS except Deploy.FTP.targets (42): This specific WebPublishMethod(FTP) is not yet supported on msbuild command line. Please use Visual Studio to publish. Doh!

• Sen Harada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some hosting providers don't support WebDeploy though I think it's really useful. FTP is still needed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base