I suggest you ...

New ASP.NET Core Web App - Breaks when Update Nuget Packages

When I create a brand new project and go to "manage nuget packages" I see that I have 15-16 updates. I've not touched a single line of code at all whatsoever. If I update all of those nuget packages... I can no longer work with the project as it breaks and if I had written any code, all broken. I get the errors, "Cannot find runtim target for framework '.NETCoreApp, Version=v1.0' compatible with one of the target runtimes: etc." & 1. The project has not been restored or restore failed - run 'dotnet restore' & 2. The project does not list one of'win 10-x64, win81-64x, win8-x64, win7-x64' in the 'runtimes' section & 3. You may be trying to publish a library, which is not supported. Use 'dotnet pack' to distribute libraries...

Of course I am not uploading a library at all. This is a brand new ASP.NET Core project I opened up straight from visual studio templates. Doesn't matter if it's Empty, Web API, or Web App.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daniel Jackson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base