I suggest you ...

make asp.net core more stable

I downloaded latest version of everything today, also a getstarted-master project only a few months old and the dotnet restore command does not work. I probably can go back to older version and try to make this work, there is also a tutorial on MVA , just a few months old and also that seems outdated somewhat already. How can you expect people to get familiar and enthusiastic about this platform if these simple things break because of changes to product in such a short time.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Drewes Kooi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Immo Landwerth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You haven't provided much context so I'm going to assume your perception of instability isn't a result of the product crashing or the shape or behavior of APIs changing drastically. Instead, I think you're referring to the tooling, specifically the changes in package structure and how the projects are being persisted on disk.

The churn you see in the tooling right now isn't something we intend to happen on an ongoing basis. It's a result of us realizing (unfortunately fairly late) that project.json tooling doesn't play well with our existing tooling and the new tooling we've created since the Xamarin acquisition. The upcoming version of VS 2017 will have stable tooling for ASP.NET Core and not churn drastically moving forward. See this post with more details of what is to come:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2016/11/16/announcing-net-core-tools-msbuild-alpha/

Feedback and Knowledge Base