How can we improve the ASP.NET Forums?

Ring the Bell on a question if its not answered or solved

Ask a question, it gets attention the first day or 2. From there? usually nothing ever again. Ask a new follow up question and its deleted by zealous moderators as being a duplicate because it has the same words like software or c# in both posts. So the follow up question is gone.

You can post and ask and post and ask in the original question. silence. nothing. I may as well ask my cat for the answer, the information is posted and no replies. So the suggestion is to add some indicator that will signal the question is not answered. This is one of the biggest complaints with asp.net forums.

There are good, smart, nice people but you get no answers. Or risk asking at the cabal of hackers at stack overflow and get flamed and downvoted for not knowing the answer already. ask the stupid question, someone else comes along and reformats the question gets points for that, then down votes you. anyone with less than 50k points is probably stupid anyway. Might get an answer in there from someone with all the mud slinging, can always make a new account once that one is negative.

So if the asp.net forum could get a button to click to say the question is not answered it may help alot.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rogersb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • XIII commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

there's already an overview of unresolved threads and Microsoft hires people, not the moderation team as we're volunteers, to tackle these unresolved threads. I usually start by going to the unanswered overview and My Threads to see where I can help out.

Perhaps it could be that the Unresolved view gets more attention/love or be put more in the picture for all members. An alternative could be that unresolved threads come in higher on the forum and Answered threads fall off the fold.

Grz, Kris.

Feedback and Knowledge Base