How can we improve the ASP.NET Forums?

Please bring in more professionals as those star members can't handle most advance problems

The pattern in which most stars in the forum is answering some questions is very annoying, they make it difficult for someone to get the right solutions, they are more interested in you making their unrealistic and unapplicable answers . They talk to users who came to look for solutions as if they are professionals like them. Many unanswered and half answered questions on this forum have been well answered on other forum.

18 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Micah David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • a b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"They talk to users who came to look for solutions as if they are professionals like them."

I'm star rated (but not star) member. The biggest problem of asp.net forums the very low quality of questions. There are tons of them.

Do you suggest if we answer a crap question should we give a crap answer?

• rogersb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are references to "other forum". But the person asking or responding to the question can put a link to some other good forum like code project or similar. But if the suggestion is about the hack website stack overflow? No way. asp.net needs to put distance between professional developers and professional sites against the hacker cabal of SO.

My request to asp.net is to not even allow links to SO, let some filter block them, and don't encourage developers to use SO at all. Microsoft should remove ANY links to SO. They want traffic and revenue, Microsoft would be sending them cash to link to them, just say no.

Ive used the MSDN resources since the early 1990s when they were media only, then online and have seen support grow and sprout, asp.net is great. You may have to keep asking;

But with the hacker cabal at SO, at the end of the day, its just not worth it

• XIII commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a countereffect I would like to add that, when a better answer is provided somewhere on another forum, it might be linked to the ASP.NET forums and marked as such.

If you see "star members", I hope I'm not one of them, act in such a way simply use the Alert moderators capabilities to point it out.

Grz, Kris.

Feedback and Knowledge Base