Have suggestions/ ideas about features?

Make strongly-typed helpers built in (like T4MVC).

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike Reyes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan Siegel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly I'm surprised this has gotten as much support as it has.
        1) T4MVC is an open source project in it's own right and they can choose whether they want to make it compatible with MVC 6.
        2) You could fork the project and make the necessary changes if Outercurve isn't going to work to get the project compatible or if they aren't doing it in your timeframe. I can tell you in my case the most challenging change that was really needed to port my MVC 5 Html Helper extensions, was to change 'this HtmlHelper' to 'this IHtmlHelper'.
        3) While Html Helpers probably still have their place, I would say that a far better strategy is to look at creating some TagHelpers. Personally I've always thought even something like you're looking for '@Html.ActionLink("Delete Dinner", MVC.Dinners.Delete(Model.DinnerID))' just looks ugly in a view. You'd have a much cleaner view with a TagHelper like '<a my-custom-helper="@Model.DinnerID">Delete Dinner</a>'

• Robert Bird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this isn't getting more votes - I hate the magic strings in MVC so much, not sure why MS didn't support this a long time ago. Now T4MVC doesn't work with aspnet5, so this is more important than ever!

• Thomas Tomiczek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. This totally changes the way anything is done for MVC in terms of internal link management. It is amazing. Want to start making a difference - start integrating this and then expand it client side.

ASP.NET vNext

Feedback and Knowledge Base