How can we improve ASP.NET SPA - Single Page Application Framework with Javascript

MS Please provide your own SPA framework

Why is it that MS does not currently provide its own SPA framework??? It's such a critical piece of the stack that I expect MS to provide an option...

I completely understand that there are a ton of SPA frameworks out there to choose from but out of all of these Angular is the only one that has a big company behind it... I don't include React in the list of frameworks because it really is not a comprehensive SPA framework...

I have nothing against Angular BTW (or any other SPA framework)... I have been using Angular 1.X for a while now and so far it's worked great... Now however that Angular 1.X is history we're trying to find a newer more modern SPA framework with which to build our new apps, and after some initial digging, it looks like we're back to Angular (>= 2.X)... Now there's nothing wrong with this... But I wish MS would provide its own option to the list... Again, although there are many fine options out there, very few of them have big companies behind them... Clearly MS has the resources to produce a solid SPA framework... So why not??? It would be very interesting to see what that would look like...

Although it looks like we're going to end up using Angular again, during our evaluation of SPA options I ran across the Aurelia framework... WOW!!! I instantly fell in love with it... It's much more in line with my view on how to build SPA applications... Sadly however the company behind it does not give me enough confidence to recommend it moving forward...

MS... Please roll up your sleeves and give us an awesome SPA framework that represents your ideals and that we MS stack developers can choose to use...

Thank you...

GA (long time MS stack developer)

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in