How can we improve the www.asp.net website?

The current content seems less coherant

I am used to reading MSDN since 1995. And I am seeing that the content is less coherent these days. Especially for the beginners. With videos and walkthroughs and write-ups there does not seem to be a single "medium" that gets you up and running with say MVC. The documentation around API/Frameworks are not well connected to examples. What I need is end to end coverage - in written articles (not Vidoes). I guess this generations developers with shorter attention span prefer videos. There is definitely lots of information but it is scattered and not all tied together. Typically you need to start like a Wikipedia article that branches out to all aspects of this topic (ASP.NET MVC) and all you have to do is to finish it and you would have complete understanding of basic functioning blocks of the technology. I don't think I am seeing such an article.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Narendiran Sampath shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • XIII commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are, for MVC, end to end tutorials like Nerddinner with code samples available as open source. They're less known it seems so perhaps putting them more in the spotlight wouldn't hurt.

• Narendiran Sampath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to clarify, Videos are good, excellent actually. But they are also not "random access" like written articles. And hence the same content needs coverage in both text as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base