I suggest you ...

Code Navigation for JavaScript inside Visual Studio

Someone already submitted refactoring for JavaScript, but I would like to also see complete JavaScript Code Navigation as well. Anyone who has worked with several/large JS files in VS would kill for rightclick->Go To Definition.

162 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nick RiggsNick Riggs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

In the Visual Studio 2013 Preview release we’ve introduced the navigation bar to the JavaScript editor. You can use it to navigate between the major elements in your source as well as the code outline of the file. Please try it out and let us know what you think!

If there’s other navigation tooling you’d like to see – please post a new idea to the site.

- Jordan Matthiesen, Microsoft Visual Studio JavaScript tools team

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DaverDaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Javascript Parser VS2010 extension is great. But it has flag bug when there are multiple functions with the same name in different namespace within the same file. I'd also like to see C# Parser too. It would be nice to see this tool be able to show the tree structure for both JavaScript and C# so the tool isn't blank once I look at C# code.

• DaverDaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Javascript Parser Navigation in Solution Explorer. The Javascript Parser VS2010 extension is awesome! I was able to easily dig into tons of OTHER people's cryptic Javascript code. The code as humanly minified to reduce page size. This capability needs to be integrated into Solution Explorer just like Solution Navigator Power Tools extension. The productivity will be amazing! Also, the ability to Mark (star/color/flag) a method is really great too!

Feedback and Knowledge Base