I suggest you ...

Zurb Foundation as a template option when creating new ASP.NET project

For One ASP.net, give us an option to select from known layout frameworks besides Twitter Bootstrap. One of the most popular is Zurb Foundation.

Nice thing to do is to give us a choice to pick from the popular frameworks (Twitter Bootstrap, Zurb Foundation, HTML5Boilerplate & more) when creating new ASP.NET project.

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gyroclientgyroclient shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alexander The'AdventMaster PritchardAlexander The'AdventMaster Pritchard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Zurb Foundation for its simplicity at our company. It kind of reminds me of a Python, with a focus on readability, whereas other frameworks are a more powerful but sometimes messy PHP.

• Brett BaggottBrett Baggott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After reading the UserVoice vote for "IoC being more front and centre", I've changed my mind. I think it's fine that the "official" template is based on the (by far) most popular framework. What I'd like to see instead of being able to select from choices is more support for Side Waffle. Here's my comment on the IoC thing and I think it applies here:

I think something like Side Waffle should be more front and center and IoC should be in templating. IOW, the focus should be on lots of _really_ good templates.

http://www.sidewaffle.com/

• John PapaJohn Papa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having options to choose from would be nice. As long as it doesn't get out of control and back to 50,000 choices on the Add New Project menu :)

• Brett BaggottBrett Baggott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I prefer Bootstrap, I like the idea of being able to select from frameworks being supported within the tooling.

Feedback and Knowledge Base