I suggest you ...

Add the ability to transform Web.Config without rebuilding

Allow Web.Config transforms to be applied to a deployment package without a rebuild under a different configuration.
QA packages can then be converted to production release packages without fear of introducing any subsequent changes.
Add ins exist but would prefer to have built in support

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. If I understand you correctly you want to be able to create a single Web Deploy package and then use that to publish to multiple destinations, including executing the web.config transform?

We are certainly looking at this scenario. I have created a prototype of what this support might look like. I’d love to get your thoughts on it. I’ve created a 5 minute video. You can take a look at http://sedodream.com/2012/03/14/PackageWebUpdatedAndVideoBelow.aspx.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sean KearneySean Kearney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PackageWeb is good first pass prototype! Can you look to support all .config files, not just web.config?

• Todd BehuninTodd Behunin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love this idea. IMO, the Package/Publish features in ASP.Net/Visual Studio is incomplete without having this!

• David David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sayed,

Thanks for the response, this is exactly what we need!

Keep up the good work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base