I suggest you ...

Ship some Solution Templates that show best practices for creating a multi-project solution.

I'd like to see a few Microsoft-approved, in-the-box, solution templates showing how one might set up a proper solution for a real application. There is a ton of confusion about how to do this in the industry, and copping out by saying "well we can't know how every customer will want to do it" is lame. Sure, many customers will do their own thing from Blank Solution, but help the 80% fall into the pit of success by giving them all the pieces in all the right places.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Steve SmithSteve Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all the feedback on this item. Please be advised that we have moved this item to http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/suggestions/6736771-ship-some-solution-templates-that-show-best-practi and transferred the associated votes.

We are going to close this item and release your votes back to you so you can apply them elsewhere. Please refer to the URL provided above to track the status, post comments, or add votes on this item. You may use your current user ID and login.

Thank you!

Meredith Magnusson
    Visual Studio Team

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve SmithSteve Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...and I'm sure you can get P&P as well as various Insiders groups to help you come up with and name these basic solution templates.

Feedback and Knowledge Base