Help the documentation team understand which areas of ASP.NET and Tooling need better help topics

Add more up-to-date walkthroughs and samples for VB. Please...

You don't have to look far to see the lack of support for VB on the ASP.Net site. The popularity of C# has put a major dent it what is available for folks that still want to code in VB. Would it be too much to ask for the VB team to keep up with C#?

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TraceyTracey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it appears to be too much to ask.

Don't hold your breath for the ASP.NET training team to do much with VB. They should be more up front about the lack of training support in the "What language should I choose?" pages and stop claiming that both are equally supported. (The programs like VS 2013, do appear to fully support VB)

I struggled off and on with VB training for many months about a year ago. Finally, I gave up and moved the code I had to c#. Sadly, there has been little improvement.

The MVC, LINQ, Razor, etc. syntax is so fussy that you NEED examples in the language your using. If you don't have an experienced VB team to learn from, consider following me (and the rest of the world) to C#.

The transition is painful, but not nearly as bad as trying to translate C# training into VB.

PS ONE port that equals the end of a project is NOT enough to make VB training possible. You NEED to have the code chapter by chapter.

Feedback and Knowledge Base