Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tristan TundermanTristan Tunderman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't want to start a new idea just for one feature, because it is tightly coupled with this idea:

Please add the possibility to restrict the way $expand works. I have an extensive authentication layer on my Web API using a customized Authorize attribute. But I cannot apply this attribute to $expand, and it barges right through it.

Being able to restrict what models can be expanded, and especially in what way, would really make $expand more useful to me.

• Jason SteeleJason Steele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

The link to the spec appears to be broken.

Do you know if this feature will be in the next release and when that is likely to be?

Thnaks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great work looking forward to the implementation. One observation however with regards the $select should the returned entities comply with any data annotations like Required on the entity model? personally I think the return should always have the Required properties regardless of the $select

• SashaSasha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, expand is one of the most crucial pieces still missing from web api and should be a focus of dev team

• robertobrobertob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Consumerization of IT says that assume and design for internet connected non-domain joined mobile mostly devices and tablets. Given that the need for $select and $expand operators is very important if we are to use the mvc4 web api stack in lieu of the wcf data services alternative.

Feedback and Knowledge Base